Working with youth today
means a brighter future for everyone.
When you volunteer at the Boys & Girls Club, you can make a difference in the lives of youth and give back to your community. Within the first few minutes of walking into our Club, you know you’re in a special place. Filled with the sounds and energy of spirited children and friendly, caring professionals, the Club is a fun and hopeful environment. Whether you help with homework, coach a game, or teach an art project, you’ll have the opportunity to build healthy relationships with young people eager for adult guidance, and have a positive impact on their lives. In turn, you will find that spending time with these young people has a positive impact on you as well.
There are many ways to volunteer at our Club, and we are open to creative ways to engage our members in new experiences and programs that build confidence and skills. Here are some volunteer positions available:
- Chef and/or baker
- Computer instructor
- Homework helper and/or tutor
Volunteer Requirements & Process
Want to volunteer? All individuals interested in becoming a volunteer are required to meet the specific conditions and follow these steps:
- Volunteers must be 18 years or older.
- Exception: Current members under the age of 18 may volunteer for school community servicerequirements and/or volunteer experience with staff approval.
- Complete a volunteer application and meet/interview with the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Provide proof of current TB testing and results.
- Submit to a Live Scan fingerprinting and criminal background check.
- Live Scan fees must be paid by the volunteer.
- Attend an orientation for new volunteers and attend any trainings and/or meetings related to the program in which you are volunteering.
- Maintain an on-site volunteer log.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Michael Long:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 818-896-5261
Group Volunteer Opportunities
Corporate, civic, collegiate, or service groups interested in volunteering can help with a special event, a beautification project, or a volunteer play day with our members.
If your group or organization would like to volunteer, please contact our Program Director, Ian Smith (email@example.com or 818-896-5261), to discuss group service activities and needs.
Ways To Get Involved
Volunteering at the Boys & Girls Club is a great way to help teach young people valuable life lessons and learn something about yourself in return.
Making a donation is an easy way to support the Club! In-kind and monetary donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Be a Community Partner
Companies and organizations can support our Club through group volunteer service, sponsoring an event or program, or making a donation.
Join the Alumni & Friends Network
Stay up to date with Boys & Girls Club news on national and local levels. Alumni and friends can join the national BGCA alumni network and can sign up for BGCSFV news.