Who We Are
The Boys & Girls Club of San Fernando Valley is a youth and family-oriented nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting the educational, vocational, social, and character developments of boys & girls between the ages of 6 and 17.
Striving to help members and families enhance their lives, the Club offers programs that build self-esteem, social competencies, and positive values. Not only do members meet new friends, but they learn and develop new skills that benefit them a lifetime.
The Boys & Girls Club has a core of career professionals who are culturally sensitive and trained to provide leadership through informal and formal guidance, using individual and small group experiences.
The Club’s programs operate *Monday—Friday, with occasional special activities planned for weekends and holidays. Regular after-school Club hours in the spring and fall are *Monday—Thursday, 3:00—7:45 pm and Friday, 2:00—6:45 pm. We offer programs during Spring Break, Winter Break, and summer. A Summer Camp Program is available at an additional cost per child. Call our office for more information.
*Program hours are subject to change or closure.
To inspire and empower all young people, especially those from disadvantaged circumstances, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible, and caring citizens.
Provide a world-class Club experience that assures success is within reach of every young person who enters our doors, with all members on track to graduate from high school with a plan for the future, demonstrating good character and citizenship, and living a healthy lifestyle.
To ensure that the direction of the Club remains on a targeted path towards achieving its mission, the Board of Directorsdevelopedthe following goals:
- Deliver programs and services that are relevant and adequate for the present and future needs of our members and their families.
- Maintain staff to deliver quality program services to local youth.
- Provide well-maintained facilities to meet the growing needs of members and families.
- Strengthen the Club's community image through marketing and public relations.
- Develop and maintain a strong and active Board of Directors, Foundation Board, and Resource Development Board committed to the success of the Club.